Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Fly


The Fly is a movie about eccentric scientist Seth Brundle, played by Jeff Goldblum, and his attempts at teleporting various objects from one telepod to another.

He lets a reporter, played by Geena Davis, monitor his every move by filming and writing about him. He successfully manages to teleport inanimate objects but encounters problems when he tries to teleport living things. He thinks he's ironed out all the creases, but when he manages to teleport himself, he starts to become a very different man...

I won't say more, but I would definitely recommend this movie. It's very creepy, sinister, dramatic, and in places, quite moving. I was gripped from start to end, and I felt like I couldn't take my eyes off the screen in case I missed something.

The acting was good, and I actually cared about the characters. If you haven't already seen it, then definitely give it a go!

9/10

1 comment:

Ibrox Noise said...

This film was a lot of fun, but the ending was so sad - spoiler alert!

Just the way poor Brundlefly/telepod fusion creature crawled up to Veronica and weakly held her gun to his head :(