Sunday, November 06, 2011

Bright Star

Bright Star tells the story of the romance between poet John Keats and Fanny Brawne and the ups and downs they go through. It's quite a simple film and story, but wonderfully told. The costumes are lovely, acting is good and the settings are beautiful.

I've never really been into poetry, I may be dense, but I don't really get a lot of it, and I won't deny that the only reason I wanted to see this film was because of Ben Whishaw, who plays Keats. I think he's lovely. But I did enjoy hearing the poetry that was recited throughout the film. I doubt it will make me become a huge poetry fan, but it was nice nonetheless.

Be warned though, you should have tissues at the ready when watching this film. If you're a romantic at heart, it will cost you some tears. It's quite sad in parts, but very enjoyable overall.

8/10

1 comment:

Naoise said...

I must watch this film someday. Your review has convinced me, it is a very nice one. :)